Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Some Roku ultra remote buttons controlling wrong actions, other buttons not responding

Jump to solution

Please help! I have a Roku Ultra (model 4660X) that came with a Roku remote (volume on the side but no mute button). I have it hooked up to an SunBrite TV. The remote paired fine and has been working for months, but all of a sudden today the remote control buttons started acting wonky and doing the wrong action. When I click the main down arrow, it lowers the volume instead. And when I click the volume down button, it lowers the volume BUT ALSO changes the channel or menu choice. The up and left buttons (on main circle and volume up) do not respond. But the remote turns TV on and off so I know it is paired/connected. I have tried every fix I found on the internet (new batteries, pair button on back of remote, unplugging & restarting Roku box, etc) - but nothing worked. It seems odd that the remote technically "works"/connected to TV but buttons are giving the wrong commands. Help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Some Roku ultra remote buttons controlling wrong actions, other buttons not responding

Jump to solution

@claycrew 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Some Roku ultra remote buttons controlling wrong actions, other buttons not responding

Jump to solution

@claycrew 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos