Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
princessViv
Level 7

So I got a New Roku For Christmas Now the infrared remote volume and On off quit working

My New Roku infrared remote just quit working / The voulume mute and power button .. I have changed the batteries and reprogrammed it to the box and TV..!  So Now what ?? I C many people having the same issues in the community posts ! ?? I just got it for Christmas in December So it’s barely 2 months old ! ? Help please.. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: So I got a New Roku For Christmas Now the infrared remote volume and On off quit working

@princessViv 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using your new IR remote with? Are you sure the new remote is an IR remote? Does the remote have a pairing button in the back of the remote where the battery is?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Duckwatch
Level 7

Re: So I got a New Roku For Christmas Now the infrared remote volume and On off quit working

Mine is doing the same, press the mute button then the power.  I don't know why but is works.  This behavior started about a month ago with my unit.

0 Kudos