Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ms_brit430
Level 7

Sling app automatically appears. Home button on remote doesn’t work.

Since yesterday morning, every time I turn on the TV and use the remote, the Sling app automatically appears. The home button on the remote doesn’t work and Sling is stuck on the screen.  I tried to reset the Roku Express, remove the batteries from the remote, unplug the Roku Express and nothing! The Sling app appears and the screen is frozen. This issue is annoying. Please help!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Sling app automatically appears. Home button on remote doesn’t work.

Is there a Sling button on your remote?  Is it stuck?

0 Kudos
ms_brit430
Level 7

Yes, there is a button for Sling TV but the button is not stuck. I tried to remove the app, but every time I try to use the remote, my Roku goes straight to the Sling app. I remove and add batteries to the remote, but no luck. 

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

My guess is there is something wrong with the remote.

Can you install the Roku app on your cell phone and try using that?

Without the remote in range or without batterys?

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
ms_brit430
Level 7

Yes, I am currently using the Roku app on my phone, but using my phone as a remote is tedious. At first, I thought the batteries were due for replacement. If the remote is in range and I add the replacement batteries, my Roku goes straight to the Sling app. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Its a faulty remote, since its a IR remote you can get a cheap universal remote from target or the dollar store. Benefit of a universal remote it will control your tv volume unlike the original. 

Edmund
ms_brit430
Level 7

Thank you, I don’t want to pay $20 for a replacement. Do you know which  brand (universal remote)? 

0 Kudos