Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seura TV pairing to remote

I have a new Seura Shade 2 television and a new Roku Ultra - The Roku Remote will not synch or control the television power or volume. Any suggestions - thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Smikk02
Reel Rookie

Re: Seura TV pairing to remote

Looking for the same info. Roku recognizes the Shade Series 2 as a BOE TV, but can't control it and I can't find Seura as a listed brand in the Roku Ultra TV library...

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Smikk02

Thanks for the inquiry.

Perhaps @Tivoburkee can provide some insight as he's our resident Community remote expert.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LoraGas

I have the exact same problem. Does Roku have an answer please?

0 Kudos
Smikk02
Reel Rookie

No answer as of yet, would be nice to get an answer one way or the other - even if it's not the wanted answer... 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Smikk02 

Usually, no answer means no one knows the answer. Or no one who knows saw the question.

I've never owned a Séura brand TV, so I have no personal experience with the brand.

You didn't provide any details of your issue, only saying "the same." That means you have a Séura Shade Series 2 outdoor TV, and a Roku Ultra. And when you paired your remote to the Ultra, it did not recognize the TV automatically and begin controlling it.

You see, I've rarely had to configure a remote to a TV. Side note: the remote doesn't actually pair to the TV; it pairs to the Roku device. The Roku device usually will identify the TV if the TV and Roku settings are properly configured (Roku default is usually what you want; you usually don't have to mess with those). So, ensure CEC is enabled on your TV.

If all goes well, the Roku device allows the remote to be able to adjust power and volume on the TV. I'm not certain if it actually configures IR codes in the remote for the TVs, or if it fully communicates via CEC. User @Tivoburkee may be able to clarify that. Either way, when I replace my TV recently, the Roku device automatically recognized my Sony TV and the remote worked as expected. I did not have to configure my remote.

However, from what you're saying -- or actually what OP said -- is that the remote isn't controlling the TV. And a second user posted that Séura isn't found when attempting to configure the remote via Settings > Remotes & devices > Set up a new device.

A Google search shows that one user indicated that Sharp TV controls worked on his Séura TV. link

That may be worth a shot. And if @Tivoburkee responds, listen to him. He has a vast knowledge of remotes.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Smikk02
Reel Rookie

@DBDukes appreciate the comments (not so much on the tone- also you may be confusing LoraGas' post with my response to that reply and my previous post on the matter from back in Feb.)... In any case, "same" is a succinct way of describing that a person is having the exact same issue - so yes, I have a Seura Shade Series 2 TV with a Roku Ultra. 

I did not say that I was expecting the remote to pair to the TV, in fact I said in my post back in February that the Roku Ultra recognizes the TV as a BOE TV, but the IR codes pushed to the remote do not actually control the TV.  I did also search the forums prior and came to the same thread describing that the Sharp IR codes/control mechanism may work which I also tried without luck (it was my oversight not to post that update though). 

A non-response is just that, it doesn't mean that no one knows the answer (you admitted to same when you added that it could mean that no one that knows has seen the request - all the more reason to bring it to the top of the list every so often).  Also, its sad that Roku cannot provide a definitive answer one way or the other in any timely manner and we must rely on @Tivoburkee (I don't doubt their expertise, just that I'm assuming they are not an employee of Roku, but are relied on as the definitive expert on at least one aspect of Roku products). Even Roku's employee, @RokuDanny-R, asked for a non-employee's input - I don't expect my clients to be the expert in the services I provide (if that were the case, I wouldn't be providing value)...

Some of the recent decisions by Roku are not indiciative of a healthy company that is listening to its customers and this is yet another example of that... just my 2 cents

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Smikk02 

You are correct; I did mix the comments. My apologies.

My point about there being so many different TV configurations is valid. Not every device (not limited to Roku or even streaming; just electronics in general) works with every device. For example, Microsoft Windows doesn't support every peripheral. That's why sometimes you have to download drivers, and even sometimes can't find drivers for every peripheral. Not everything works with everything else. Not every company knows everything about every other company. 

Another source that knows a lot about remotes is RCA. They make some of the most popular universal remotes. I'm not seeing your brand on the remote lookups I've checked, but then I've not checked them all.

https://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/remote-code-finder/ (That link is from this RCA page. by the way.)

If a brand isn't supported by a major universal remote provider, I'm not gonna come down too hard on Roku for not having the codes for that brand either. But, maybe somebody somewhere does. Heck, if your attempts succeed, you may end up being one of the go-to guys for that kinds of information.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Schlepp

The Seura Shade 2 uses the RCA code set, just found it today.  Go to the TV model and bounce through the RCA codes.  I think it was 3 or 4 tries in when the roku remote worked but I could be wrong.  I started with several panel manufacturers before I tried RCA so wasn't really paying attention when it worked.  Power and Volume confirmed.

0 Kudos