Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Punkdog
Reel Rookie

Setting remote for TV control

Attempting to set up Express 4K + to control an LG TV.  Will not recognize the TV. Attempted to enter TV manually but the keyboard does not allow for upper case letters. When I try to enter all I can get is "lg" and then get the message that this is not a supported brand which I know is not correct.  I believe it needs to see the upper case letters "LG" to recognize the brand, but there is no way on the keyboard to change from lower to upper case.  What to do ???

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Setting remote for TV control

@Punkdog-

I could be wrong, but I don't think that brand search is case sensitive.  But there IS a bug many are experiencing that causes ALL entries to fail. 

Some have reported success by temporarily connecting to a different wifi network, such as a phone hotspot, and trying again to set the remote up to control the tv.  Afterwirds you can connect back to your normal network..

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Punkdog
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your reply.  What you suggest may well be true as pertains to brand entries, but it is a bit aggravating if someone, as I did , purchases this particular Roku because it allows using the remote to control the TV, but then will not recognize a brand that it does support.  Oh well, I guess I continue with two different remotes to operate one TV.  Thanks again

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

One remote options:

Oneforall7935 (or other learning remotes from that brand or others)

Clone roku remotes from eBay (some have power/volume/mute but hit and miss if they work with your TV with standard codes or learning mode).

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos