Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benedlr
Roku Guru

Series 6 TCL remote has flashing light.

Under the battery cover is a flashing green light next to a reset(?) button. I checked the manual, TCL and Roku with no luck identifying their meaning or use. Can anyone help? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Series 6 TCL remote has flashing light.

That is not reset button, it doesn't reset a thing. It's a pairing button to get the remote paired to a given Roku device. 

Using new batteries, unplug the power from the Roku for a bit, plug it back in and press and hold the pairing button for at five seconds, than release. Let it community with Roku. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Bennylynn
Channel Surfer

This is  pitiful customer service!!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Bennylynn wrote:

This is  pitiful customer service!!

You're getting help from @Tivoburkee (Edmond) one of the internet's best experts on remotes for Rokus, satellite receivers, tvs, and most other devices.  Even the Roku moderators here defer to his knowledge. Consider yourself lucky.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X