Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Docom
Level 7

Re: Search not working at all

I don't think you understand: It's not that search results from some channel aren't displayed, it's that nothing happens. No animation, no notification, nothing. This isn't "unsupported" behavior, it's "broken" behavior - "unsupported" would in the very least show a notification of some sort.

Also, what's between launching a channel you already have installed (or using some other commands to control built-in functionality) and "search providers"? Those are two distinct concepts.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
DBDukes
Level 11

"Docom" wrote:
I don't think you understand: It's not that search results from some channel aren't displayed, it's that nothing happens. No animation, no notification, nothing. This isn't "unsupported" behavior, it's "broken" behavior - "unsupported" would in the very least show a notification of some sort.

Also, what's between launching a channel you already have installed (or using some other commands to control built-in functionality) and "search providers"? Those are two distinct concepts.

Go to this page: https://support.roku.com/en-gb/article/208756908-how-to-use-your-voice-to-search-and-control-your-ro...

See where it says
Note: Voice search and control is supported in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom

So, which of these countries are you in?
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Docom
Level 7

Which part of this isn't "unsupported" behavior, it's "broken" behavior - "unsupported" would in the very least show a notification of some sort is unclear?

Also, I'd argue the lack of voice controls is a caveat emptor for overseas buyers (the device is marketed overseas) and should be highlighted just as channel in/access is highlighted, rather than buried within the text of secondary pages.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
DBDukes
Level 11

It works for me. But then, I'm in one of those supported locations. So, it works where it's supported.

Also, "broken" means it doesn't work as designed. Anything else is an issue with the way it's designed. But your disagreeing with a design choice doesn't mean it's broken; it mean you don't like it.

I'm not disagreeing with it being a bad choice. I wouldn't have designed it that way. I am disagreeing with your definition of "broken." It's not broken. It's working as (poorly) designed.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
chamelespoon
Level 7

Okay, I'm a little late to the party here, but I'm getting exactly the same issue, and I'm located in the UK (so a "supported" country).

Just installed a new "Streaming Stick+" (previously using an Express), and while pretty much all of it works, the following remote functions don't:

• Voice search (just plays a Roku beep tone)

• Channel shortcut buttons (does nothing; no tone, nothing)

• TV volume controls

• TV power button

When I go to "Settings" > "Set up your remote", it just says something along the lines of "The connected remote is unable to control the TV".
It also shows the model number of the remote as "RC00".

I've tried the standard power cycling and re-pairing, and the remote pairs fine... it just ignores half the buttons. The standard navigation works, so it's still usable, but the "enhanced" features are all inactive.

Any (helpful) thoughts would be appreciated!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
DBDukes
Level 11

"chamelespoon" wrote:
Okay, I'm a little late to the party here, but I'm getting exactly the same issue, and I'm located in the UK (so a "supported" country).

Just installed a new "Streaming Stick+" (previously using an Express), and while pretty much all of it works, the following remote functions don't:

• Voice search (just plays a Roku beep tone)

• Channel shortcut buttons (does nothing; no tone, nothing)

• TV volume controls

• TV power button

When I go to "Settings" > "Set up your remote", it just says something along the lines of "The connected remote is unable to control the TV".
It also shows the model number of the remote as "RC00".

I've tried the standard power cycling and re-pairing, and the remote pairs fine... it just ignores half the buttons. The standard navigation works, so it's still usable, but the "enhanced" features are all inactive.

Any (helpful) thoughts would be appreciated!

This is actually off-topic, as your issue isn't a "search" issue. I'm this really should be a separate thread.

Having said that, it would indicate you have a bad Roku or a bad remote. It happens. If I experienced what you're experiencing, I'd box it all back up and take it back for a replacement. Or, if ordered online, get an RMA and ship it back for replacement.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mg1948
Level 7

My voice search was working and stopped two weeks ago and I can't get anybody on the support team or any where else to answer my question without having to pay to get an answer. I followed the directions on taking the batteries out and all that other **bleep**. Unplugged it restarted it. Everything did not work. So somebody could tell me the how to get it to work again That would be fantastic. No one on Roku support. Never answered my question.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

First start with new batteries, then re-pair the remote to the roku, go into settings> remote & devices> pair new remote> start pressing and holding the pairing key in the battery compartment release after a bit and start pressing again until you get confirmation its paired. 

When pairing don't have the roku buried behind the tv. 

Edmund
0 Kudos