Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gigipd
Level 7

Scrolling regardless of tv.

My Roku just scrolls. I’ve tried it On different TVs and networks. Help!!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Scrolling regardless of tv.

@Gigipd 

I think it usually is found to be a Roku remote issue. (Either a stuck/dirty button/low batteries or just failed/defective remote).

If you remove the batteries from the remote and restart the Roku device, and you notice it stops scrolling, then presumably the remote is the culprit.  You can try placing batteries back into remote if now stopped scrolling to see if it returns.  If so, then use the official Roku remote app from the Apple or Play store to  download and install on a mobile device to then control your Roku.

Other than purchasing a new remote or using a warranty claim, I don't think I have seen any other resolution/fix from end user standpoint if it extends beyond needing new batteries.  Unless others who follow this issue have aditional info, I think the options are new remote or using the official mobile Roku remote app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.

0 Kudos
Gigipd
Level 7

Thank you, AvsGunnar! Using my phone as a remote works nicely! I’m going to order a new remote. Suggestions? I have a Roku 3920x. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Gigipd 

Good to hear.  Some really like the Remote App and never go back to their remote.  Unfortunately, if you ever factory reset your Roku device, you will need a physical remote to set the device back up again. (Can't use the Remote App to set up a new or factory reset device.)

The actual replacement remote for your Premiere 3920 is the $19.99 Voice Remote. (image below). Sold through Roku and can also find at Best Buy, Walmart, Target, etc.  

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

I also use a $10 universal streaming remote by RCA that works great for my Premiere+ 3921. It has the purple buttons to match Roku features, so makes it easy to switch between Roku and my antenna TV.  It is backlit, but as it is strictly IR based, lacks Voice Control Feature of the Roku wi-fi direct remotes, if important to you.  

Click images to enlarge

Gigi1a.png

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.

0 Kudos