Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skate
Reel Rookie

Screen is frozen on "Pair your remote" page on streaming stick 3600

My remote started to act like it might need batteries. I replaced the batteries & got no picture. I've now done all the reset steps, but can't get past the "pair your remote" page. I have Cox communications as my provider & was recently made to change to a Contour receiver. Has anyone had a problem with the receiver? I just received the free HDMI extender & am still having the same problem. Also, I didn't have any alkaline batteries in the house & have tried super heavy duty AAA batteries. I  got a new Roku for Christmas (Roku premiere) & that one didn't work either. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
54 REPLIES 54
skate
Reel Rookie

Re: Screen is frozen on "Pair your remote" page on streaming stick 3600

I replaced the batteries with alkaline & still have same problem. The remote has the pairing button, but it isn't working.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

I would suggest doing a factory reset of the stick, with it power up press and hold reset key on the stick itself for over 30 seconds. After reboot, while roku is bouncing, start pressing and holding the pairing key in the battery compartment of the remote, once it stops bouncing release the pairing key and start pressing again until you get confirmation its paired. You're going to have to sign in to each app again, but it was useless in state it was in.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
skate
Reel Rookie

Thanks, I tried it & it didn't work. I get as far as the Pair your remote screen & then it just stays there.  I wonder why a brand new Roku wouldn't work either. 

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

The 3600 stick is hardly brand new model, it had its run for about 2 and half years and was replaced with model 3800 in 2018, the current sticks going forward is 3810 & 3811.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
skate
Reel Rookie

Yes, the stick is a 2016, but the new Roku premiere I tried (with same result) is a 2019.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@skate 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I would recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If those steps are still not resolving your issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

A stuck on pair your remote

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Mweagleston 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look a the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you are still not able to resolve issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
zuker11
Reel Rookie

unable to pair remote 3810x. stuck on pairing screen. green light flashing all the time when batteries in serted.

stick s/n 213011720900

[personal information removed]

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

0 Kudos