Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erichbritton
Level 7

Screen Mirroring

I have an Acer Aspire 5 laptop its pretty much brand new. It was screen mirroring just fine with my ROKU 3. Now it won't connect. My daughters HP Omen Gaming laptop connects to it juts fine. So the Issue is most likely my laptop. So my question is has anyone come across this issue and were they able to solve it? All my android devices screen mirror with the ROKU 3 just fine. So again if its the laptop with the issue then where do I start to hopefully track down a solution?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
azurenepsa
Level 7

Re: Screen Mirroring

A couple weeks ago my Windows 10 PC stopped screen mirroring to my Roku Ultra.  The screen mirror progress bar on the Roku would freeze.  In my case, I was able to get it working again by running Fresh Start in Windows 10 'Device performance & health' settings.

Running Fresh Start is kind of a last resort option though as Microsoft says it "removes most of your apps, including Microsoft Office, third-party anti-virus software, and desktop apps that came pre-installed on your device".  It's supposed to keep personal files, but you'd want to back-up anything important.  You can also remove individual Windows updates in the update history (if there was an update  around the time the problem started).

If you haven't already, it would be good to power down/unplug and reboot your PC and Roku 3 to see if that helps any.  Another possibility would be doing a factory reset of the Roku 3, but that logs you out of your apps and would erase any not-signed-in YouTube history.

You could also check if there are updates available for your wifi adapter by going into Windows Device Manager and double-clicking on your adapter under Network adapters and opening the Driver tab.  In this tab, you could also try disabling the adapter and then re-enabling it to see if that does anything or even uninstalling the adapter and then restarting your PC so the device reinstalls.

Edit: Doing a network reset in Windows 10 would be another option (type 'network reset' in search bar).  There's also a network reset option in the Roku OS at: Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset.

0 Kudos