Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sladester
Channel Surfer

Samsung Smart Remote Controlling Roku Ultra on a Different Input

Odd problem.  I have a 75 inch Samsung QLED TV (2020) and Verizon Fios with the new voice control remotes.  Everything worked fine until I upgraded to a Roku Ultra (newest version).  The Samsung remote that came with the TV controls everything just fine.  However when I change from the Roku input back to the cable input, and I use the cable guide button or channel up and down buttons, I see the Roku responding, despite being on a separate input that is not selected.  It has actually started shows on Plex during while this has gone on.  Once the roku goes to sleep (the light goes off) the problem stops.  It's annoying and I don't know what to do.  Any advice?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DruidOfNYC

Re: Samsung Smart Remote Controlling Roku Ultra on a Different Input

Same issue, and this has nothing to do with the 1-click being on, as it is not and not about the input being switched to Roku. Was there ever a solution? It would be great if we could actually turn the Roku off without unplugging it or waiting for it to sleep. Roku Ultra (4800 series) 

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

It could be the decades-old problem of an IR code overlap.  Since the Ultra comes with a wi-fi remote anyway, but also has an IR receiver allowing it to be driven by "universal remotes" etc., you might try covering the IR receiver on the Roku and seeing if that fixes it.

Genius!  I block the Roku totally from the Samsung remote and now it works.  Ty!

0 Kudos