Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acc188
Reel Rookie

Roku ultra remote stuck in headphone mode

I don’t know why. I’ve tried restarting, plugging in and taking out headphones, changing the batteries. No sound from tv, headphone icon on tv when changing volume. God I hate Roku of late. 

Tags (1)
18 REPLIES 18
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku ultra remote stuck in headphone mode

That sounds like the switch in the headphone jack has gotten stuck on. Most likely some sort of debris got into the port, although a mechanical failure is certainly possible. Send a private message to either @RokuDanny-R with your Ultra serial number and they can help you out. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Trinitra

I am having the same issue. What solution did you come up with. I am so frustrated. 

0 Kudos

I blew in the headphone jack like the nintendo cartridges and it worked lol

BruceF

Sprayed it with CRC electronic cleaner.

Worked perfectly!

0 Kudos
stevie625

holy **bleep** this just worked for me lmfao was trying to figure out the issue for hours

0 Kudos
philfrench
Reel Rookie

I tried everything and nothing worked. remote stuck in headphone mode, Here is a very simple fix that worked for me. Remote has 2 position slide switch on left hand side of remote, position towards front in for hands free remote, rear position for headphones. When you plug your head phones in switch has to be in headphone position. Headphones are now working. Most people then put the slide switch in the hands free position. Now I want to go to regular speaker sound. I pull my headphones plug out of the remote and the tv still shows headphone mode. Simple solution: slide switch is still in hands free mode. With headphones plugged in set slide switch to headphone position and remove head phones and tv will go to speaker mode.   

0 Kudos
atc98092

@philfrench are you saying you added such a switch to a Roku remote? If so, pictures and a tutorial would be extremely helpful. 

Dan

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@atc98092 

He's referring to the Voice Remote Pro (which has the switch).

@philfrench 

This thread is for non-Pro remotes with headphone jacks (such as come with the Ultra models), though your information is still useful.

0 Kudos
atc98092

I've never seen that remote, and from the pictures I can't see a switch. Good info to know. 

Dan

0 Kudos