Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Whiteface247
Level 8

Roku ultra remote finder inop

Just bought the roku ultra, the remote finder does not work. The only way I can get the remote to make a sound is the preview sound and if I'm pressing the ok button on the remote. If I use the other remote from my roku 3 the other remote doesn't make any sound. Rokudanny_ posted last year about a firmware upgrade but that never happened. Is there a fix? The only reason I went with the ultra is for the remote finder feature.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku ultra remote finder inop

@Whiteface247

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? When you press the remote finder, is there no sound being emitted on your remote?

We would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support page here: How do I find my Roku® remote using remote finder?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Whiteface247
Level 8

When I press the remote finder button on the base, nothing happens. When I go into settings on the roku and select hond my remote, nothing happens. The only way I can the remote make noise is if I select preview sound on the remote that came with the roku, if I try it with another remote paired with the roku (remote from my roku 3) the ultra remote doesn't make any noise. @RokuDanny-R what is the problem? The roku updated to the newest firmware when it set it up. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Whiteface247

Thanks for the update.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to pass the information along to our Support team who will assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Whiteface247
Level 8

@RokuDanny-R how could've I resolved the problem when you never offered any advice on how to fix it? Only to send you another message saying the same things again just so you can pass it along to someone else. Why don't you tag someone that can actually help, or get someone to suggest a possible fix for this issue (which is a known issue by previous posts).

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Whiteface247

Thanks for the post.

As I stated in my previous post, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to pass the information along to our Support team who will assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos