Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karenmmoy
Level 7

Roku streaming stick will not work with wireless headphones

I have Xfinity cable and I use the digital audio output for my audio.  I don't use the TV speakers.  I can use one of three different audio feeds.  I use the digital audio output signal and split it two different signals.  I connect A to a soundbar and connect B to another splitter that splits that signal to one of two different wireless headphones (using wireless transmitter).  When I watch cable and can listen to audio from any of the three sources.  When I use my Roku streaming stick, I can only hear audio via the soundbar.  I cannot get any audio signal in any of the two wireless headphones.  What am I doing wrong or does the Roku streaming stick not support this setup?  Thanks for any help....Confused

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku streaming stick will not work with wireless headphones

No, it will not. The Roku stick only has one output a hdmi the delivers both audio and video via single connector. Cable boxes can have multiple types of outputs, not just a single hdmi. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
karenmmoy
Level 7

Re: Roku streaming stick will not work with wireless headphones

I'm confused.  The cable box only has a single HDMI cable going to the back of the TV monitor. All of the audio is driven from the digital audio output connection on the monitor.  The cable box is input into HDMI 1 in back of the TV monitor, the Roku streaming stick is input into HDMI 2 next to it.  Therefore the audio from both the cable box and the Roku stick is input thru the HDMI interfaces.  I have the audio from the TV turned off. Therefore the audio is coming from the digital audio output.  One of the three digital audio output sources is the sound bar and it works fine with the Roku stick same as the cable box.  But the two wireless headphone outputs from the digital audio output only produces a signal from the cable box, the headphones have no signal.

0 Kudos