Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexkiki1
Level 8

Roku streaming stick is useless without remote

Jump to solution

I lost my remote to my Roku streaming stick which is version 3600.

How should I buy one?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Roku streaming stick is useless without remote

Jump to solution

You can purchase roku wifi remotes at Walmart or best buy, and on-line at amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-RCAL7R-Voice-Remote-New/dp/B07WVFCKSS/ref=pd_ybh_a_11?_encoding=UTF8&psc...

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

If your Stick is still connected to your network, you can use an app on a phone/tablet to control it. There's both an iOS and Android app available. 

I'm pretty sure you can still buy a replacement remote for the 3600 Stick. Roku sells remotes on this page , although the one listed for the 3600 is out of stock at the moment. Send a private message to @RokuDanny-R or @RokuTannerD and they can assist you. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
alexkiki1
Level 8

Jump to solution

I cant private message them

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

@alexkiki1 wrote:

I cant private message them

If you click the link (their name) in my original message, it should open their personal profile page. That page should have a button labeled "Send a private message", and clicking that opens the message creation window.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
alexkiki1
Level 8

Jump to solution

I did pm one

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

You can purchase roku wifi remotes at Walmart or best buy, and on-line at amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-RCAL7R-Voice-Remote-New/dp/B07WVFCKSS/ref=pd_ybh_a_11?_encoding=UTF8&psc...

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
alexkiki1
Level 8

Jump to solution

My dad found one and I put in the batteries and paired it

PLEASEHELPMEEE3
Level 7

Jump to solution

I still have my remote and its not connecting the light won't even blink what do I do?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

@PLEASEHELPMEEE3 wrote:

I still have my remote and its not connecting the light won't even blink what do I do?

First thing of course is to ensure you have fresh batteries. Then, make sure they're installed correctly. Some Roku remotes have them inserted in opposite directions, while others they both go the same way.

If there's still no light when you press the connect button, then use a phone camera and look at the end of the remote while you press buttons. If the remote is working, you'll see the infrared light through the camera. Of course, this is dependent on the remote having IR functionality. I'm not 100% certain if Stick remotes also have an IR emitter, since the Stick is the only Roku that doesn't work via IR at all. So that check might not be meaningful. 

Assuming it's a RF only remote, and the pairing light doesn't come on when you press the button, then it seems likely the remote has failed. Exactly what model Roku do you have? Not just the name, because Roku reuses the same name on completely different players. 

Dan
0 Kudos
PLEASEHELPMEEE3
Level 7

Jump to solution

Model 3800x and the remote says model RC-AL2

0 Kudos