Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trish719

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

I have never used the private listening feature and I've had the same Roku stick and remote for a couple years. The remote just started burning through AAA batteries in the past couple months. I have read through post after post of people experiencing this issue, but I have yet to see a resolution. What is causing this and how is it going to be fixed?

SN YH0009149840

MODEL: 3810RW

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Trish719,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the Roku remote battery drain issue you are experiencing.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Drh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We are also experiencing the battery draining issue. We have swapped remotes, bought complete new devices, changed battery brands, performed all of the updates and still the remotes eat batteries. This issue along with others makes the case to going back to Spectrum with a cable box.  

0 Kudos
Mehrdadjvd
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have same issue.

The serial number is YF0075234363

@RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
Lulubug1

Jump to solution

Every 2 weeks I’m changing the batteries.  Very frustrating.

serial # YH00ES152550

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Drh,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the Roku remote battery drain issue you are experiencing.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About?

@Mehrdadjvd,

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? How long does your battery last? How long has the issue been occurring?

I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Lulubug1,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

In the meantime, did you know you can use your mobile phone or tablet to control your Roku player in place of your remote with the Roku mobile app?
Find out more about the Roku mobile app here: How to install the Roku® mobile app | Official Roku Support 

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mehrdadjvd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Mary,

The remote is burning the batteries in the past couple of months. It took 1-2 weeks to need the new batteries. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mehrdadjvd,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate team to assist you further regarding your Roku remote battery drain issue.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LDFisher

Jump to solution

I have two sticks with the same problem.  This is obviously a problem that Roku knows about and isn’t fixing.  I’ve been using Roku for at least 15 years, but considering alternatives because of these issues that aren’t getting fixed.  

0 Kudos