Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
companyinvestor
Channel Surfer

Re: Streaming Stick+ 3810X Remote Battery Drain

Jump to solution

Yes, I sent an email to customer support and after some Q&A (S/N, SKU, etc.) they are replacing the remote.  The are out of stock until early FEB.  FYI - you can also download their app to your phone which is also a remote.

SuzieB1
Binge Watcher

Re: Streaming Stick+ 3810X Remote Battery Drain

Jump to solution

Crickets, for me.

SammyC14

Re: Remote Draining Batteries

Jump to solution

I purchased model 3810X while in quarantine. In November. I’ve already had to replace my batteries in my remote 3 time. Now that I am no longer in quarantine, we really don’t watch the TV much. Please help. 

sn: 21308D728785

ACEO
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

Still waiting.....

And waiting................

Yawn!  I am thinking about shorting ROKU, if they are this much of a mess, that stock has to implode!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote Draining Batteries

Jump to solution

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for the posts.

If you haven't already, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jakeblue
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am very disappointed as well with Roku. I PM’d them like they asked. Received a reply that my issue was sent to support A MONTH AGO... and haven’t heard a thing. 8 batteries later... I’m fed up with these people saying they’ll help and not doing a **bleep** THING!!! BOO 

companyinvestor
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Suggest sending an email direct to ROKU support via the website.  They have been very responsive from my PoV and are sending me a replacement remote.  I am still very bullish on ROKU and am adding to my position.  They have a very unique hardware/software platform with new content from their recent acquisition of Quibi.

Ncmdude78
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku streaming stick+ | Requires AAA batteries every 2-3 weeks

Jump to solution

I bought my streaming stick in october 2020 like the other person on here.  Battery usage is ridiculous, every 3 weeks I am replacing expensive Duracell batteries.  I'm going to switch to a fire stick if this is the best roku can do.  Such a bad product and I will tell others to avoid rokus.

Admirer
Reel Rookie

Re: About not posting support questions here; then how do I get help with defective remote?

Jump to solution

Bought thid stick+ diring thanksgiving and have changed batteries twice, the latest pair today itself after about 2 weeks or less. My remote doesnt even have the headphone feature but can turn on the TV. My old roku 2 needs new battery every 2 years may be, and the firestick I actually dobt remember changing ever in past 3-4 years ! Should I just return the **bleep** thing to Lowes..? Is this a stick+ problem or with other rokus too??

Ncmdude78
Reel Rookie

Re: About not posting support questions here; then how do I get help with defective remote?

Jump to solution

I have an older roku Express, no issues.  i bought my streaming stick  from lowes as well.  It seems to only affect those with the mic or headset jack on it.  I PMed that support guy so we will see what happens.  This is the last roku ip bu if they dont resolve it.

0 Kudos