Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ACEO
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

Wow, they hope?  How about testing before mailing out? What an embarrassement! 

ACEO
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, since Danny is overwhelmed, can someone step up and tell us how he fixed it for them??

Ryryry
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Are all of these non working remotes ones with microphones? Maybe roku is gather data through that microphone which stays on and drains the battery. If you PM roku people, maybe they will be nice and shut it off for you if you give them your info.  Mine has all of the sudden stopped draining battery after posting frustration.  

Roku also needs to come to an agreement with charter before I switch to something else. I reccomend roku to everyone for the charter app. But I cant anymore. Big loss for them.

SRQtech
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Ryryry 

My Roku remotes have the microphone button but don't have a headphone jack. I think you might be on to something with the microphone draining the batteries.

How do I disable the microphone on my remotes?

0 Kudos
ACEO
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have a feeling this is correct too. Makes me wonder why they are always listening?! 

SuzieB1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Got message that SRQtech answered my question (?).  My remote doesn't have a mic jack though.

0 Kudos
ACEO
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Kinda scary to think the microphone is always on.  But, it makes sense that it would drain the battery quickly!

epatz33

Remote Draining Batteries

Jump to solution

My 3810X Streaming Stick remote is eating batteries. Serial#YH0051160493 Software Version 9.4.0 - build 4200-50 Device ID 213985160493 Please help!!!

0 Kudos
tbird635
Binge Watcher

Re: Remote Draining Batteries

Jump to solution

Mine too , same issue, same model.  My batteries last maybe a week.

A previous thread on this said to send a PM to support @RokuDanny-R with all my info  but I haven't heard back yet. If I get a response, I  will let you know. 

0 Kudos
ugadawg84

Re: Streaming Stick+ 3810X Remote Battery Drain

Jump to solution

SRQtech,

Did Roku come back to you with a resolution?  I have the same product and same problem.

Thank you.