Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jex
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

How did you do this? I’ve scoured the settings and I can’t find where to turn off remote updates

0 Kudos
spbhello
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, Jex,

I found the Roku remote secret menu here:

To access the Roku secret menu, press the following buttons quickly in this order:
  • Press Home button (to get to the Home screen)
  • Then press the Home button 5 times.
  • Press the Fast Forward button once.
  • Press Play.
  • Then Rewind.
  • Play one more time.
  • Fast Forward.

then just enter the firmware menu item and disable auto update.

Hope that helps! (Of course, I still want updates and Roku has not yet solved why I can’t have them, but at least my batteries aren’t being wasted while we wait. 8/ )

Susan

llholley99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Any update on this?  It is ridiculous that I need to replace my batteries at least once a week!

0 Kudos
llholley99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Agree!!!

0 Kudos
wjs1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After leaving a post here regarding this issue, I was contacted by their customer service and offered a remote replacement that solved the issue.

0 Kudos
Zika
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I was mailed a new remote about 6 weeks ago.  Model RC399, with Firmware rtn.4120 that seems to have solved the battery drain issue.

(Btw, I unplug my Roku when not using it, always have. I use it about 2-4 hours per week.)

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @llholley99

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Battery life will vary based on usage. For normal use, the remote batteries may last two months or longer. Does your Roku remote support private listening? This may also be one factor for the battery drain.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About.

We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jtletters

Jump to solution

Hello I have a Roku with serial number YH00FY673448 along with its remote with its remote model RC392 that’s affected. The remote is on firmware 2.01.19.100 and the batteries drain out every 3 days or so. It’s become impossible to use this Roku. Please advise

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jtletters

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Ropo888
Reel Rookie

Re: Enhanced Remote Battery draining

Jump to solution

My roku enhanced remote drains the batteries within 1 -2 days. Is there any way to get an IR remote to work with streaming stick + 3810 or can you send a replacement remote that doesn’t drain the batteries? I would rather have a remote that controls the device menus rather than the additional features of voice or controlling the TV - if it is those features that are draining the batteries.

0 Kudos