Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

Hey @wjs1

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

Enjoy the rest of the day!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Shop_hu
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

Hi there, I’m having the same issue as @spbhello where the auto OTA is failing due to “write failed” every few minutes.

Remote model RC409

Remote firmware 2.01.19.100

Please advise on how to fix this thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Shop_hu

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us specifically the issue you're running into? Are you also experiencing remote battery drain? 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Shop_hu
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes also experiencing fast battery drain, I need to change batteries each week. I tried emailing the support and they told me to do a system restart to prompt the remote firmware update. I’ve tried that but the firmware didn’t change, so going into the platform menu I see that the OTA update for the remote firmware keeps failing but keeps reattempting to update and failing too.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Shop_hu

Appreciate the prompt reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Sb44

Re: Roku remote draining battery in 2 days

Jump to solution

Hello,

we are having the same problem, so we take the batteries out of the remote when not in use. It’s a hassle, but at least we are not buying batteries once a week…

0 Kudos
jex
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I got a replacement remote from Roku about 2-3 weeks ago and I thought this would solve the problem but instead of losing battery life in 2-3 days I’m now losing battery life in 2-3 weeks… I have the latest RC399 with firmware rtn.4120… there MUST be a setting that’s draining the battery. What do I have to turn off? -Frustrated Roku Owner… how is this stock almost $300/share

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jex

Thanks for the follow up.

Are you using the private listening feature with your remote? How often are you using your remote?

If you are still experiencing an issue with your remote battery draining, we would recommend continuing to work with our Support team to see what other assistance they can provided.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
spbhello
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, @RokuKariza-D 

Following up as it’s been a week. Should I have heard from Roku support by now? I have not done so.

Also, update: turning off my remotes’ firmware auto update has ended the rapid battery drain. Now I am just interested in learning why the remote kept trying to update and why the update process perpetually failed to complete?

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@spbhello 

Appreciate the update and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

I have followed up on your concern to our Support team. Please keep an eye on your email as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos