Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TJLCamacho

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

I have 2 3800X - Roku Streaming Sticks SN:YF00DN923514 and SN:YF008K363429 both remotes have there batteries drain really fast I updated and restarted both devices and did all the steps I saw that could possibly try and fix the issue from this support chat. Can I get new remotes ?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@TJLCamacho @spbhello 

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Dapesche 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Since the device associated with your remote is a Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810CA), we released an update to your remote that we believe will address the issue you are experiencing. Please perform a system restart from your Roku device. This will update your remote to the latest version. This can be done by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart. After you perform the system update, continue to use your device as normal and monitor the remote battery percentage listed under Settings > Remotes > About

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

@cdc1948

We're here to help!

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings System About.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
cdc1948
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
Roku 2
Living room
YF008A142204
10/27/2018 linked in my Roku account

Batteries go dead every few days
thanks
Charlie chiesa
[personal information]
0 Kudos
beck2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Haven't found an answer as to why my batteries drain every 2 days in the remote.  This is a recent problem I'm having.  What is the answer to alleviate this issue?  Is there one? I've tried any suggestions that have been previously posted to no avail.  I am elderly and this is causing me some stress.

0 Kudos
jex
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Scroll down and submit a support ticket.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@beck2

I hope you're doing well.

Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku device associated with the affected remote. You can check my post above to know where you can locate it. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@cdc1948

Thanks for the response.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
wjs1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I too am experiencing this issue. I tried the system update but it did not resolve the issue. My serial number is YH001X486275. 

0 Kudos