Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

Hi @DBell57

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to TCL Support to report the issue and for further help.

You can contact them here: https://support.tcl.com/us or at 1-877-300-8837.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
BrandonS

Jump to solution

I have two 4k sticks having the same problem.  AAA batteries last two days tops. 3810x with sn of yh007e002740. That is one of the devices.  Please help. 

0 Kudos
jex
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@bikermunda @Sfremont @Drewbab @DBell57 @BrandonS

just go to the support link at the bottom of this page and explain your situation, so far I was able to get my remote replaced free of charge and it’s much better than my old one. The forum moderators will have you go through loops just to find out you need a replacement anyways, it’s a Roku problem not anything due to our configurations

0 Kudos
spbhello
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

I believe the remote for my Streaming Stick + may be running down because of repeated OTA firmware auto update failure. The system appears to be OTA auto updating again and again (viewed from within the platform secret screen), but each time, it has a firmwrite failure and, ultimately, an update failure. I have disabled auto update pending resolution of the problem.

So, what the heck is stopping it from updating? And how can I fix it?

Remote firmware version is currently: 2.01.19.10094525F44-20CB-4FAA-95BB-CDFF6A3487D2.jpeg

0 Kudos
jdanl89

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 3931x and the batteries in the remote only last ~1 day. I rarely use this Roku but every time I do try to use it, the remote is dead.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @spbhello @jdanl89

Thanks for the posts.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our Support team for assistance. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Dapesche

Jump to solution

Batteries draining very quickly.

The roku is so incredibly wasteful. 

Please help me figure out how to stop the rapid drain.

Serial number: YH006T459900

Thank you. @RokuKariza-D 

0 Kudos
cdc1948
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My roku firmware does not say 4092 but is 2.01.19.108  remote has RC AL2 on it and on screen listed as RC128 checked after system restart  Confused??

0 Kudos
spbhello
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D 

Attached is the information you require. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks, SPBAD1C32A8-105A-47F5-A9E8-8EF830DF3D67.jpeg

0 Kudos
Ike24
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Danny, I tried to send this April 30th via email but never got a response so here is the update.  Your update changed the battery life from 2 weeks to 2 months.  But 2 months is still a huge problem.  Particularly when I have 42 Roku’s between 3 houses. Though I think I am only experiencing it at two of the houses (TBD). What’s next?  Thanks-Greg 

0 Kudos