Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jex
Binge Watcher

Re: Streaming Stick+ 3810X Remote Battery Drain

Jump to solution

@Prospyrity and I probably have the RC150 as I stated in my post. Maybe the RC399 is a newer version but so far we’ve been getting the same responses like it’s scripted @RokuDanny-R

Prospyrity
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

YH0030071805

0 Kudos
jex
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Prospyrity submit a ticket with the support team at the bottom of the website. Someone reached out to me and they’re replacing my remote, yesterday I replaced the battery for my current remote and it’s already down 8% today. Good luck!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information, @Prospyrity.

I can see that you’ve been in contact with our support team regarding your battery drain issue. Rest assured that I’ve escalated and created a follow up to our support team.

We sincerely appreciate your patience. Keep an eye on your email, a member of our support team will be in contact.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
bikermunda
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Where should I open a ticket, I have 3 Roku sticks and all the remotes are draining batteries like crazy. 

Roku should replace this fault products for the customers 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @bikermunda,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the battery drain issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? Do your Roku remotes support private listening? This may also be one factor for the battery drain.
In addition, have you tried running the steps on this link to get your remote back up and running? http://go.roku.com/remotehelp

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Regards,

Mary

0 Kudos
Sfremont

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

I followed all of the instructions per your article, but the remote is still draining full batteries every 1-3 days.  Can you please advise what the next steps are to fix if your solution doesn’t work?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Sfremont

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About. Letting us know about the troubleshooting steps you've done might help as well.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Drewbab
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

I have replaced all 4 of my Roku devices with Apple TV's.  Between the Youtube TV problem and this battery problem, I will never buy or use Roku again in my life.

0 Kudos
DBell57

Jump to solution

Doesn’t work.  Just bought new TCL Roku TV.  Remote eats batteries every few days.  Have performed system update.  The AAA battery remotes are defective.

0 Kudos