Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MooseLips
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution
@Xyler wrote:

My problems have been solved with the new software.

It had been draining batteries overnight, but now I've been holding steady at 84%  for the last 4 days.

I never tried using wall power, and the tv cuts power to USB jack when powered down

This is a Stream Stick+   3810RW  -  software 9.4.0 build 4200-50

remote model RC404  -  software rtn.4092

Same exact setup here but my remote is an RC399 and my battery still drains with the 4092 firmware. This has definitely not fixed the RC399 remotes. Maybe Roku should replace all the 399's with 404's?

yawitz
Streaming Star

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

I've performed the procedure you specified, and the firmware version shows the correct, updated version. However, my remote is model RC399 (not RC404). Would that difference account for the different results? If so, would a replacement be warranted?

0 Kudos
John-R

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem with the batteries draining in a couple days on my new streaming stick plus. The unit is just a few weeks old. 

0 Kudos
WendyWalter
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My remote suddenly began draining batteries.  I finally figured out that my children added streaming apps to see what they had to offer.  I deleted all apps except the ones I use regularly and my remote batteries last 3 months again.  It is easy to add apps when you need them but remove them if you don't use them regularly.  Not sure which app caused the problem but I'm told that they are looking for updates and some are constantly updating in the background.

0 Kudos
WendyWalter
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have charter and it works with ROKU spectrum app

0 Kudos
lee82901
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Seems to be a working fix.

Batteries holding at 100% after five days.

Remote model is RC399

0 Kudos
fugieq

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue.  We have to replace batteries every few days.  Spending a fortune in batteries and is very frustrating.  We have had the remote for awhile now and this issue is relatively new.  How can I get it fixed?

0 Kudos
quickfix2b

Jump to solution

Hello,

I followed your instructions to do the system restart and the device didn't update.  To verify I went to the system update and it has last checked; feb 27 7:07pm and last update as dec 27 2:26pm.  It also shows the software version as 9.4.0 and build 4200.  I have had to replace the batteries 3 times since I got the stick at christmas time.

0 Kudos
SRQtech
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@quickfix2b 

You have to look in the Remote Settings section to see the remote firmware version.

0 Kudos
ZA
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

After about a week we’re down to 89% on the batteries. rtn4092 model RC399. So it’s definitely better. Still won’t say “great” but better. 

0 Kudos