Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SRQtech
Streaming Star

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

It seems clear by the number of people reporting the exact same quick battery drain in their remote that this is a factory defect that must be recalled by Roku.

Why isn't there an official reply from Roku that acknowledges this problem and explains exactly what they are going to do about it?

If Roku doesn't take immediate ownership of this product defect, perhaps a consumer protection agency needs to get involved.

trusko
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Danny,

I am having the same problem with my Roku as others. I put new batteries in the remote and even if I never use the remote, the batteries are drained within a week.

I do not see how to DM you, so if you coule tell me that would be helpful.

0 Kudos
DanMI
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same issue here. Roku Streaming Stick+ remote eating batteries. Bought it two months ago. Have an older Stick+ on another TV and it does not have this problem. Will try to PM and contact support but wanted to document it on this thread.

--EDIT--

For those who do not know how to send a PM (private message), you have to click on RokuDanny-R's name at the top of his post. That will take you to his profile page where you will find a large purple button on the right side that says "Send this user a private message."

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to fix Roku Streaming Stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thank you for letting us know about the remote battery drain issue you are experiencing. Our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

In the meantime, if you are powering your Streaming Stick through the USB port on your TV, we would recommend that you power your Roku device through a wall outlet to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
JL10
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’ve owned this Roku for about 3 weeks and I’m on my fourth set of batteries! The device is powered by a wall outlet. We only use it a few hours a week. Very frustrating. 

jknipp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with my Streaming Stick+ remote. Batteries last at most 2-3 weeks before needing to be changed. Additionally, my remote only works about half the time and will randomly stop/start working again. Using my phone as a remote works fine. 

Kalikazam
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Your team has known about this for months probably years. I am on my 3rd set of remotes from your organization and given the latest nonsense from customer service about how "this is a strange occureance" is an insult to my intelligence. I will not waste anymore time with you product and excuses. Everyone is much better off putting these devices into their skeet thrower and blowing them to pieces. Apple TV here I come.

mabell007
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Is the commonality a tv powered stick?  Are you powering the stick via ac power from the wall or from the tv which switches on and off?  See post from dannyR here:

Thank you for letting us know about the remote battery drain issue you are experiencing. Our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

In the meantime, if you are powering your Streaming Stick through the USB port on your TV, we would recommend that you power your Roku device through a wall outlet to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing

perhaps these remotes are constantly searching when power on the stick is off?

0 Kudos
mabell007
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

perhaps these remotes are constantly searching when power on the stick is off?

0 Kudos
JL10
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My device has always been plugged into the wall outlet. Unfortunately, this is not a solution for me. For now, I guess I’ll just take the batteries out when not using it - pretty ridiculous.