Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rick04
Level 7

Roku stick + remote stopped working

Roku streaming stick remote stopped working. I can manually turn tv on and it goes to home page but none of the remote functions work. I tried battery replacement which did nothing to help. Also tried the pairing instructions and the pairing light never flashed. Is there anything I am missing or do I need to replace the remote?

13 Replies
banalban
Level 8

Re: Roku stick + remote stopped working

I tried posting my issue, but wouldn't accept my post due to your posting. I am having the same issue and it suddenly started 2 days ago. No problem with the TV working, but I had to reinstall ROKU as well as sign in to all of my app. accounts again.  Initially the TV had been on for about an hour. Last night, same thing happened after TV being on for 20 minutes. Very frustrated as I'm technically challenged. What is going on?

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Rick04 @banalban 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
marzydoats
Level 7

I have the same problem, all of a sudden the remote will not work. Have done all the things suggested (replaced battery, tried re-pairing, etc) the light for pairing never flashes and I've tried 2 fresh sets of batteries. I have only had this roku stick since May 2020, only 4 months! Frustrated.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@marzydoats 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
PJM0325
Level 7

Having same issues with Streaming Stick + Remote. New batteries, Used settings feature,'No remote found'

This should not be hard to do!

PJM0325
Level 7

Finally go remote to function.

0 Kudos
banalban
Level 8

Concerning my previous message, the issue was resolved or is no longer occurring.

But, for the past 3 weeks, I have been having separate and various issues with my ROKU+. I first thought it might be due to a slow internet. I contacted the internet provider and was told between midnight and 5am each day, they are basically taking the system down to modify service due to so many virtual users. This was causing my internet to not start back up properly each morning. Nothing but problems since! I run speed tests and contacted the internet provider again and all is good. There is no rhyme or reason as to what will occur or the message(s) that pop up. Two days in a row, I received a message that said AWR MIssing; I referred to the forum, made sure all was attached properly, which it was, and no AWR messages in about a week. Numerous times a day, the following occurs: frozen screen, suddenly no volume, cannot back out of channels; most times I cannot even enter the system and receive the floating, white-lettered ROKU marquee on a black screen. With that, I have to turn off the tv and wait it out, sometimes as long as an hour or more. I have checked the remote as sometimes it displays in the upper right hand corner of my screen. We thought perhaps there was a compatibility issue with the ROKU and my TV, so we placed it on to another, older tv, and it works fine. (The issue we are having is on our main, or living room tv; no problems at all with the bedroom tv). I am sure this message is one big rant and rambling, but I am at wit's end as to what to do. What the heck is going on?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@banalban 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-summary of the issue you are experiencing
-when did you start see this issue occur?

With more information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jim8
Level 8

Danny- I have the same issue with Roku Stick- and cannot supply any details since the remote does not work! I can see the screen saver...

Also- the Roku App worked 2 days ago with all 4 Rokus on the Network. Now Roku App no longer recognizes any devices....

All issues started 2 days ago.

Very frustrated.

0 Kudos