Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pchan228

How to get free HDMI extender for Roku stick? Always overheating!

Jump to solution

How can I get a hdmi extender for my roku streaming stick? It is always overheating.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku stick overheating

Jump to solution

@Pchan228

Thanks for the inquiry.

It's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help.

For more information visit our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your device is overheating” warning?

I'd recommend ordering a free HDMI extender from our website and seeing if that resolves your issue. Please keep up posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Pchan228

Thanks for the inquiry.

It's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help.

For more information visit our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your device is overheating” warning?

I'd recommend ordering a free HDMI extender from our website and seeing if that resolves your issue. Please keep up posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ontrack2024
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’ve had the extender plugged into my Roku stick in back of my Samsung TV, but it still overheats quite often. The TV is not in a cabinet and is about 1 foot away from the wall. 
I've also plugged it into different HDMI ports. 
I still have overheating issues with the stick.
i don’t have these issues with my bigger LG older TV where the stick is also plugged into the back of the TV and it’s only 4 inches away from the wall.
Are there any other things that I can do to prevent this overheating from happening? 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ontrack2024,

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are receiving an error message of overheating with your Roku Streaming Stick.

Have you tried checking the faq information that was previously posted for additional steps to resolve the overheating issue? 

If you are unable to resolve the issue, please provide the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Kind regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
ontrack2024
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, 

Here is the information you have requested: Model: 3800RW, Software Ver: 10.0.0.4195; S/N: YF008E677088.

I tried all of the troubleshooting techniques that I could find. 

I have the Samsung Smart TV set up 1 foot from the wall, well ventilated. When I bought the Roku, it overheated all the time. Within a short period of time, I installed the Roku extender. This did help with frequent overheating issues. Now it only heats up once per week usually. The extender lets the Stick hang down but not from below the TV for aesthetic purposes. 

The symptoms before blacking out and overheating are constant buffering (with the constant circle), lagging voice versus video, and frozen picture. 

Your help in this would be appreciated @RokuMary-F 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ontrack2024

Thanks for the follow up and providing the information that we have requested.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Zhills2020
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Please provide a good web site or link to place an order for a free HDMI extender because the stick is constantly overheating.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Zhills2020,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

For overheating issues, we recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your device is overheating” warning? | Official ...

I'd recommend clearing your cookies or cache, use a different device or computer and reloading a web browser or use a different one to access https://my.roku.com/HDMI

If you are still having any issues with your overheating or ordering a free HDMI after following these steps, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
schus101
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The webpage to order the HDMI extender doesn't work. When I click to submit my information nothing happens. This is frustrating because I'm frequently getting the overheating message with my Roku streaming stick and would like to try the extender. Please let me know if there is a better web page. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@schus101

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you seeing an error message? Have you made sure you are inputting the correct serial number? Have you tried using another web browser to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos