Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kriscaryb
Level 7

Roku stick 3810x stopped working

It worked fine this morning, then just stopped. We have replaced the batteries, and when the tv is turned on manually, it comes up to the main screen. it will not connect to the network so our phones cant control the tv with the app remote. we have unplugged and checked the ports and cables. The remote will adjust the volume--but will not move around on the screen. Any suggestions on if we need a new stick/remote? I know we have had it over a year--but not too much longer than that. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku stick 3810x stopped working

The Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810) is the most current version, released in Sep 2019. It certainly should not have simply died. But I'm not clear about exactly what it is doing. If I understand correctly, the Stick is working, you can see the Roku home screen, but it's not connecting to your network and not responding to the remote. Is that accurate?

The 3810 supports dual band WiFi, so it should see both a 2.4 and 5 GHz access point. If your router is controlled by your ISP (some are), they might have turned your 2.4 GHz radio off (it's happened a number of times recently) and your 5 GHz radio might be using a channel unsupported by Roku. Most routers are configured to self-assign a channel to use, but there are some channels (labeled DFS) that Roku can't use. Your 5 GHz radio needs to be on channel 48 or lower, or 149 or higher. You would need to log into your router to check this out. While there you can confirm the 2.4 GHz radio is enabled, and it's using a channel between 1 and 11. If it's on channel 12, 13 or 14, again they are channels that Roku devices cannot use. 

If we can get you back on the network, then you can use the app and check the remote settings to see if it lost its pairing. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
kriscaryb
Level 7

We will try to log into our router and verify these settings. Seems odd that the Roku worked this morning, but not now. And yes, what you described is what is happening. Thank you for the suggestions.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

You do still have the long range wireless receiver cable attached to the stick+? Without it remote won't control the roku, remote can still control your tv by IR. 

Edmund

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
kriscaryb
Level 7

Yes, we still have the stick plugged in correctly.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Try re-pairing remote to the roku, if you don't have access to the setting menu unplug the roku power for a bit, plug it back in when stops bouncing press and hold the pairing button in the battery compartment for 3 seconds and release. Let it communicate with the roku, it alrigfht if the red goes out just don't touch anything until you get all-done on screen. 

Edmund

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos