Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronsos7

Roku smart remote playing "find remote" noise repeatedly

Hi, 

I have the Roku Ultra with smart remote. The find remote function keeps triggering every few minutes. Pressing any key on the remote gets it to stop, but it then triggers automatically again a few minutes later. 

This is very annoying. I highly doubt the function was intended to require the operator to press a remote button every 5 minutes. It does not seem to have a software disable in the settings menu, so we have actually been pulling out the batteries as a hack. 

I have tried pairing the remote again, but that did not alleviate the issue.

Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance. 

5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku smart remote playing "find remote" noise repeatedly

@ronsos7

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Snowjo2026

My new Roku Ultra is doing the same. Very irritating!  The find my remote spontaneously comes on and you have to push a button to stop it. Then shortly later it does it again. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Snowjo2026

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to our Support team to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Preb

I'm having the same find remote intermittent sounding off when I'm not using Roku. (Yes the power is on the receiver, but not watching it.) You say to PM you, but I don't know how to get your email to do that and send you the Roku Ultimate information you are asking for. Thanks for any help!  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Preb

Thanks for the post.

We received your PM with the information that we requested.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator