Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emklick29

Roku screen won't stop scrolling when remote is pointed at it

Jump to solution

When pointing my remote at the roku device the screen will continually scroll and will not let me select anything. When I move the remote away from the devices receiving signal the screen stops scrolling. I have changed the batteries and restarted my roku device. Please help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku screen won't stop scrolling when remote is pointed at it

Jump to solution

@emklick29 

Thanks for the post.

If you have checked to make sure that there isn't a stuck button and are still experiencing the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
60 REPLIES 60
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I sounds like a button is stuck.  Try pulling up on the remote buttons or using one of those cans of compressed air to blow into the space around them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

No Solutions. But I have the same problem. Device worked fine for about a year. Not a battery problem. It goes from constantly scrolling to the device being unresponsive and then to scrolling. We have an express. Can Roku just let us know if we need a new device? Is there a warranty? thanks.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@emklick29 

Thanks for the post.

If you have checked to make sure that there isn't a stuck button and are still experiencing the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Tinamargarita 

Thanks for the post.

I have responded to your PM and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
klpmiller

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. I tried all the "fixes" but its still doing it. It makes it next to impossible to select anything. Ive rebooted the system, changed the batteries, checked the buttons, checked other remotes for possible interference. It just started doing it out of the blue. My remote is less than 6 months old.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@klpmiller 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
EDA

Jump to solution

Same issue here. Set and remote only 2 days old.

Tried replacing batteries and resetting remote. A tough task as the screen just scrolls up all the time without a command. Not a set issue definitely remote issue.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@EDA 

Thanks for the post.

As I stated in my previous post, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kathykiran

Jump to solution

Danny, how do I send you a PM?

0 Kudos