Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku reset and no remote

Hi i recently change my internet and i'm unable to use my roku so i reset the roku but i didnt have the remote so now i want to know i i'm supose to connect my cell for control the roku and set up my roku thanks 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku reset and no remote

Sorry but you can not use the cellphone app until the roku and the cellphone are on the same internet account, which can not be done without a true roku remote initially. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku reset and no remote

@SaltyDaddy 

Thanks for the inquiry.

As @Tivoburkee mentioned, you will be unable to connect and setup your Roku device without a physical remote. Can you please provide us with the Roku device model number so we can recommend you the appropriate replacement remote you will need?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My remote died and I cannot connect using the app

My remote died and I am trying to use my phone app. My Roku stock is not connected to the internet for some reason so I am stuck because I have not device to connect it to the internet and no internet to connect my phone over. Please help this is making my roku useless and it is very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: My remote died and I cannot connect using the app

This has been answered a gazillion times on this forum.  Scroll up to the search field and search for no remote.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: My remote died and I cannot connect using the app

@Bwatso10 

Thanks for the post.

You will be unable to reconnect your device to a wireless network without a physical remote. What Roku model device do you have so we can recommend you the appropriate replacement remote that you will need.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos