Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
winston3338
Roku Guru

Re: (Roku Onn.) Not happy with Roku Onn T.V.

Thanks for the info Tivoburkee, I thought I saw pictures of the remotes you mentioned but now I'm not sure if I have the same one. I have 

Rca RCR312W 3 Device Universal Remotes   

And 2 no name programmable remotes that do everything. These  came from a 99 cent store and work so well, I went back and bought another. 

The codes aren't working so far. I can control the Roku tv after I do a manual scan but I can't enter

@Tivoburkee wrote:

The above commands are for Stand Alone Roku's that accept IR commands like Ultra, Express, and Premiere. For your Roku tv all you have to do is enter code 4398 or 14398 depending on if your remote takes 4 digits or 5. You won't have to enter the commands for each channel number they're already preset via the Roku tv code. 

ch numbers. I set one of these up once and could enter channel numbers but it wouldn't change channels 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@winston3338 

The Cheap RCA universal remote aren't made by UEI, so won't use the UEI codes listed here. Sorry. You might try Admiral, Dynex, Sansui tv codes in your RCA and see if the number keys work. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RonOh
Binge Watcher

@renojim   Awsome!  Thank you!  Ron

winston3338
Roku Guru

@Tivoburkee wrote:

@winston3338 

The Cheap RCA universal remote aren't made by UEI, so won't use the UEI codes listed here. Sorry. You might try Admiral, Dynex, Sansui tv codes in your RCA and see if the number keys work. 

Thanks Tivoburkee, I'm glads you knew that because I didn't have much luck with either one of them. I could control the TV, but I couldn't control the digital tuner. I can see the channel numbers on screen, but it wouldn't change channels. I was just going to look for the remote you linked to in an earlier post, but I think It's out of stock at Amazon. I did warranty out one of Roku's remotes for a battery problem and they sent me a new one in record time. 

0 Kudos
winston3338
Roku Guru

I think the remote you mentioned is back in stock at Amazon, but I hate their shipping charge for single items. Is this the one you say works on changing channels? 

"GE Backlit Universal Remote Control for Samsung, Vizio, LG, Sony, Sharp, Roku, Apple TV, TCL, Panasonic, Smart TV, Streaming Players, Blu-Ray, DVD, Simple Setup, 4-Device, Graphite, 48848"(183) 

https://www.walmart.com/search?q=GE+Backlit+Universal+Remote+Control+for+Samsung%2C+Vizio%2C+LG%2C+S... 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

@winston3338 

Sorry but you're getting me mixed up with Ronoh, I have not and would not suggest any GE universal remote especially if it costs $27!! Go with Inteset 422-4 for $25 on amazon or $28 One-For-All urc-3680 on amazon. 

OFA urc-3680

Amazon.com: One For All Universal 8 Device SteriTouch Antimicrobial Television IR Remote Control : E...

Inteset 422-4:

Amazon.com: Inteset 4-in-1 Universal Backlit IR Learning Remote for use with Apple TV, Xbox One, Rok...

Edmund

winston3338
Roku Guru

Sorry about that. Thanks for the remote info. A little up there in price, but I've always said I'd pay $29 dollars for a regular remote that works and here they are. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

@winston3338 

Go with Onn 6 on ebay:

Onn 6 universal remote: Search Result | eBay

Edmund

StevenCee
Roku Guru

@Tivoburkee 

OK, I'm completely confused at this point. You posted a couple with a whole list of numbers, and spoke of entering this & that code, but you couldn't have been talking about the Roku remote, as there are no numbers. And then with third party remotes, are you saying they will have a numbered key pad, that will change Live Roku channels, or do you need to input a long series of codes?

Tivoburkee

@StevenCee 

None of my codes or directions are for the Roku remote itself, it is only for UEI made aftermarket universals remote I have listed here in this thread. If you want the numbers for Roku device like the Ultra, Express, or Premiere, you will have to enter the 5-digit code for each numeral., just initially, once they are mapped, they will just work. As for Roku tv's, just entering the Roku tv code, and the number commands will be preset. The Roku tv code is 14398 or 4398 depending on the UEI remote you buy. The Roku stand-alone device code is 03061 or 3061. 

Edmund