Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Roku remotes with channel numbers?

@StevenCee wrote:

why have Reply boxes following each person's post, if it's not to reply to that particular post?

@StevenCee 

When you hit reply on any post, pressing “quote” will quote that post.  (As I just did) And if you type @, the first suggestion will be @[the user who made that post].  So those Reply buttons per post do have some use, but they don’t force you to make it clear who you are replying to.  And, as a result, it can get a little confusing.

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku remotes with channel numbers?

@StevenCee wrote:

@Ello2022  OK, now you're tagged, as if you couldn't guess my posts have usually been in response to your unhelpful ones. 
Look, you needn't speak to me like I've only used televisions or computers since yesterday, because it only makes you come across more & more like a jerk.  I know Fire TV & YouTube, etc, don't have numbers on their remotes, as they are NOT set-up like Roku's system, which does have every station numbered, in case, you're blind and just never noticed.
Plus, if I use the voice command, all I need to do is say "Channel XXX"  with whichever number station I want to get to!  So, Einstein, if you can use numbers to navigate via the remote voice feature, it's only logical, that a numbered keypad would do the very same thing! To insist otherwise is just plain dumb, sorry.

And if the remote voice function actually worked all the time, I would probably not be complaining as much, but having to manually scroll through 1,000 channels, without any ability to speed the scrolling (c'mon Roku, if no numbers at least let the scrolling move more quickly), is quite a ridiculous time-waster!  Since Prime & YouTube, etc, DON'T HAVE CHANNEL NUMBERS assigned to streaming stations, then bringing them into this conversation is 100% irrelevant, thus doing so, only distracts from dealing with issue on the table. I can't believe I'm actually having to spell this all out to you, as it's pretty clear & simple...

So, with this argument going on I decided to search for numbered keys for Stand-Alone Roku like the Ultra, problem is the Roku won't respond unless you're on Live tv grid or tuned to Live tv channel. This what I came up with:

0- 00101

1- 00230

2- 00232

3- 00228

4- 00235

5- 00231

6- 00233

7- 00100

8- 00106

9- 00102 

Ch Up- 00183

Ch Down- 00185

This will only work on the Live Tv guide, other channels like Pluto don't respond to these, probably because they don't know they exist? Its upto the Channel maker to enable the use of these commands, not Roku. 

So to use the above commands you will need an aftermarket universal made by UEI that has setup code 03061/3061. Like the remotes I linked to above in my other post. Problem is you will have to map each command individually, to map a command on the Walmart Onn 6 universal remote, once the device is programmed with Roku code 3061:

1. Stream device key

2. press and hold SETUP key for two blinks, release

3. enter 9 9 4

4. tap SETUP for one blink, release

5. enter 5-digit code from above

6. pick a key

Do the same for all twelve commands. Changing the code in step 5, and picking different key to map the command to in step 6. 

I see the Walmart is sold out, they're available on ebay:

onn 6 universal remote: Search Result | eBay

Amazon has the 8 device version:

Amazon.com: One For All Universal 8 Device SteriTouch Antimicrobial Television IR Remote Control : E...

The Inteset 422-3/4 would work too:

Amazon.com: Inteset 4-in-1 Universal Backlit IR Learning Remote for use with Apple TV, Xbox One, Rok...

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RonOh
Binge Watcher

Re: (Roku Onn.) Not happy with Roku Onn T.V.

@Brandito 

The low cost GE universal remote I bought was from Amazon. 

RonOh
Binge Watcher

@antdude

This is the universal I bought from Amazon that worked on my TCL Roku.

#GE Backlit Universal Remote Control for Samsung, Vizio, LG, Sony, Sharp, Roku, Apple TV, TCL, Panasonic, Smart TV, Streaming Players, Blu-Ray, DVD, Simple Setup, 4-Device, Graphite, 48

Best of luck to you.

RonOh
Binge Watcher

@antdude 

This is the GE RC that worked for my TCL Roku TV 

GE Backlit Universal Remote Control for Samsung, Vizio, LG, Sony, Sharp, Roku, Apple TV, TCL, Panasonic, Smart TV, Streaming Players, Blu-Ray, DVD, Simple Setup, 4-Device, Graphite, 48848

Best of luck to ya

Tivoburkee

So, with this argument going on I decided to search for numbered keys for Stand-Alone Roku like the Ultra, problem is the Roku won't respond unless you're on Live tv grid or tuned to Live tv channel. This what I came up with:

0- 00101

1- 00230

2- 00232

3- 00228

4- 00235

5- 00231

6- 00233

7- 00100

8- 00106

9- 00102 

Ch Up- 00183

Ch Down- 00185

This will only work on the Live Tv guide, other channels like Pluto don't respond to these, probably because they don't know they exist? Its upto the Channel maker to enable the use of these commands, not Roku. 

So to use the above commands you will need an aftermarket universal made by UEI that has setup code 03061/3061. Like the remotes I linked to above in my other post. Problem is you will have to map each command individually, to map a command on the Walmart Onn 6 universal remote, once the device is programmed with Roku code 3061:

1. Stream device key

2. press and hold SETUP key for two blinks, release

3. enter 9 9 4

4. tap SETUP for one blink, release

5. enter 5-digit code from above

6. pick a key

Do the same for all twelve commands. Changing the code in step 5, and picking different key to map the command to in step 6. 

Remotes to look for that use these commands are Inteset 422-3 or 4, Onn 6 3660 universal remote, One-For-All urc7880, and urc-3680. 

Edmund

RonOh
Binge Watcher

@antdude @Brandito 

Sorry,  that post came out screaming..  Clearly I haven't figured out how to copy from a web and be sure the URL link is gone plus get the right font..   Ugh!

renojim

@RonOh, in Windows anyway and in general Ctrl-Shift-V pastes without any formatting.

winston3338
Roku Guru

I haven't checked, but I believe I have at least one of these remotes if not both. I'll check when I get home. I have the Roku/Onn 32-inch TV from Walmart. Thanks

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

The above commands are for Stand Alone Roku's that accept IR commands like Ultra, Express, and Premiere. For your Roku tv all you have to do is enter code 4398 or 14398 depending on if your remote takes 4 digits or 5. You won't have to enter the commands for each channel number they're already preset via the Roku tv code. 

Edmund