Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku remotes with channel numbers?

were you gwt it at  what the cost

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

On the live tv tile, my TCL Roku tv now changes to the blue channel numbers entered via aftermarket universal remote, where no did before. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Lan2
Reel Rookie

Mine does now, too!  Well, except that I can't enter broadcast stations like 21.3.  When I press the dot (.) button I get some weird message about text mode not enabled??? 

So 2 points to TCL for finally making their OS recognize numbers from a remote, and -2 because it won't work on the broadcast channels. And we are watching the Broadcast TV tile!  Sheesh!

It only took six years for them to get this far, I wonder if I'll still be alive when they get around to making it work on broadcast channels. smh

antdude
Streaming Star

Which universal RC(s) are you guys using? And does it/they work well with TCL HDTVs?

Ant @ http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.home.dhs.org.
Tivoburkee

I use Inteset 422-3 and One-For-All urc-7880 universal remotes. It works on both TCL & Insignia Roku tv's. I don't have antenna just live tv taken from different streaming services. So couldn't test sub-channels. The code in the remotes I listed is 14398 in the Inteset, and 4398 in the OFA remote. 

Edmund

Tivoburkee

Brought out older universal remotes the OFA urc-6690 hybrid and Sony vl-600, found the working code in each and the numbers work too on the roku tv's. This includes ch up & down keys. 

Edmund

ProfitPartners
Channel Surfer

Request DIrect Numeric Access to TV channels

With the mass volume of live TV shows available on Roku & Peacock, scrolling is an annoying non-option.  Is there a current way to have direct access by entering a channel number? If not, please create a numeric pad screen option or offer a new remote with a numeric pad.

Dillion

Thank you for that info on how to cycle thru channels faster with the supplied remote without numbers.  Saved me from a huge headache!

antdude
Streaming Star

@Dillion wrote:

Thank you for that info on how to cycle thru channels faster with the supplied remote without numbers.  Saved me from a huge headache!

Which RC? Does anyone know which 3rd party RC can do manual physical number inputs with a 28" TCL Class 3-Series Simply Smart LED (28S305) that has coax OTA TV & its online Internet apps (e.g., Spectrum) for sure?

Ant @ http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.home.dhs.org.
Tivoburkee

@antdude 

On my 43" TCL series 5 TCL Roku tv, I can use Inteset 422-3 universal remote, a cheaper version of that remote without backlighting or learning is the Insignia ns-rmt-415. Then there's the One-For-All urc-7880. In the first two remotes the code to use is 14398. In the last its just 4398. 

Edmund

0 Kudos