Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gmrib

Re: Roku remotes with channel numbers?

I just downloaded it and they want 25.00 onetime purchase or 3.99 a month to access keyboard function what a rip off

txtn

Its a pain for everyone.  totally and will not buy the Roku related units any more.  God parents have two they hate, tried universal remote (s) 2 so far, all works except the number pad, there seems to be no fix.  what a shame.  Back to Samsung   Hope they fix soon,  spinning at glacier speed thru channels no good

Dirtgirl64
Channel Surfer

I'm left handed. Doesn't bug me much. Actually never gave it much thought, but thanks for thinking of us 🙂

Saggman54
Reel Rookie

which smart remote???
I downloaded one onto my phone...
doesn't do anything the remote that came with the tv does.

Jayaro
Streaming Star

Hit they keyboard button on the Roku app (on the remote screen) and then type 4.1 etc. Only way I’ve found to do it. 

Lan2
Reel Rookie

I have a universal remote that does have numbers and it will enter the channel number on my TCL TV, BUT when I press the enter button the numbers disappears and nothing happens.  So that indicates to me an operating system, ah hem, feature.  If the TCL sees the numerical input from my remote and displays it, then why doesn't it go to that channel when I press enter?  The enter button works when selecting content, so the TV recognizes that button, just not for changing channels.

So I see this as a Roku OS problem, not a TCL manufacturing problem.

I downloaded the Roku remote app on my phone, it has a number option.  I rather have a remote for my mother to use....but at least it is something. 

Todd5

I agree, it is a pain without the ability to enter numbers on the keypad.  I have to enter security pins for plex and can't do it without the kids seeing the code and then being able to access content that is account their maturity level.  Roku needs to provide a remote with a numeric keypad.

Hugababa

Re: Fixed: Solution found

Doesn't work with ATTTV

sayonara
Reel Rookie

I hate that fact too, however, Roku has made available moving channel tiles.  So if your parents land most of the time in an area where the local channels are placed, which is generally the lower number channels, you can then move the other channels that you want to watch to the same area.  This may not be the perfect solution, but it helps.  Other than that I believe their remote has everything I need.  The Roku app in your cell is also great, but I don't like exhausting my cell battery life for that.  Like yall I still prefer some numbers on my remote.