Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brandito
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku remotes with channel numbers?

That's only available to people using roku through xfinity I believe

Dirtgirl64
Channel Surfer

That's what I was afraid of. At least people with Xfinity will be able to get channel numbers. Roku just needs to come out with a remote with numbers. It's ridiculous they don't have one. 

wek

Re: Fixed: Solution found

Actually, you can just say: "channel #" to switch OTA channels in Live TV. This even works for subchannels e.g.: "channel 10 point 2". (using the Android app - assuming it works the same in the iOS app).

Unfortunately, this does not seem to work for the streaming channels now listed after the OTA channels in the latest update of the TV (TCL) app - it just switches to the nearest available OTA channel. Maybe there is a secret magic phrase, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Dirtgirl64
Channel Surfer

I tried that and it didn't take me to the channel I wanted. It actually acted like it didn't exist. Popped up all other things for me to choose from, but none was the one I wanted. 

JFG3

Why do I continuously have to press more & more buttons just to get to something that used to take one press of a button?  All these companies keep requiring more steps and when you complain they say "Oh, it's just a couple of buttons."  Well those extra buttons add up over a lifetime.  There is a reason programmers use keyboard shortcuts.  Why do they think we don't need them?  Is there time more valuable than ours?

Dirtgirl64
Channel Surfer

I was afraid that might be the case. Shame

u_r_o_k
Channel Surfer

this is goddamned ridiculous that this TV has no way to turn to a channel directly.

Brandito
Binge Watcher

Just recently they've added the ability to switch directly among OTA channels using amazon alexa. You can also manually key in the streaming channels in the channel guide if you have a smart remote like the logitech harmony, I believe some other universal remotes also work.

Not perfect but it's progress

Dirtgirl64
Channel Surfer

That doesn't always work. Some of the channels aren't recognized by Roku. I have a channel I used to watch all the time but I no longer can because apparently Roku doesn't know it exists. I can't even scroll to it. Just jumps right over it. 

Brandito
Binge Watcher

@Dirtgirl64 wrote:

That doesn't always work. Some of the channels aren't recognized by Roku. I have a channel I used to watch all the time but I no longer can because apparently Roku doesn't know it exists. I can't even scroll to it. Just jumps right over it. 

Have you tried rescanning your channels? Maybe the channel has been repacked?

0 Kudos