Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku remotes with channel numbers?

If you push the RW/FF button it will skip pages. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Using new Roku Premier. Not finding a way to add "Favorite Channel"

Searched here for the last hour, not finding anything definitive.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

@DLewis13 wrote:

There is no "favorite channel" for non TV devices. That is in reference solely for Roku TV devices. 

On your player, you can reorganize the channel icons any way you'd like. Highlight the one you want to move and hit the * button on the remote. Then select Move. You can now move that icon wherever you'd like it to be.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

So why does it show up as an option?

Stupid that using Spectrum TV app you have to try to jump from channel 1 to a high number like 1200's by scrolling. Cable has been returned, but still think it was something in software that was missed.

Already figured out how to organize channels and have deleted a couple.

@atc98092 wrote:

@DLewis13 wrote:

There is no "favorite channel" for non TV devices. That is in reference solely for Roku TV devices. 

On your player, you can reorganize the channel icons any way you'd like. Highlight the one you want to move and hit the * button on the remote. Then select Move. You can now move that icon wherever you'd like it to be.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

@DLewis13 wrote:

So why does it show up as an option?

Stupid that using Spectrum TV app you have to try to jump from channel 1 to a high number like 1200's by scrolling. Cable has been returned, but still think it was something in software that was missed.

Already figured out how to organize channels and have deleted a couple.

@atc98092 wrote:

@DLewis13 wrote:

OK, that sounds like you're speaking about a specific app/channel, the Spectrum TV channel. I have no idea what is contained within that channel. This thread was referring solely to Roku TVs. There is no option for "favorite channels" on a Roku player, only the TVs. If channels within the Roku have the ability to have such favorites, you'd have to ask the people that provide that channel. In your case, that would be Spectrum. Roku did not create the channel and does not provide usage support for it.

And I completely agree that it's frustrating to not have a remote with a numeric pad for number entry. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 7

ROKU refers to channels as different streaming apps, such as Spectrum, Netflix, HULU, etc.  The true channels in the TV app cannot be directly accessed.  Page up/down is somewhat faster but still archaic.  You can set favorite channels within the Spectrum app; local channels, sports channels, weather, etc and then you only have 30-40 channels to flip thru.

The lack of direct tv channel selection was the original concern of this link.  I've given up on ROKU solving the issue and think we needs the actual Spectrum app to provide a virtual keypad to directly access specific tv channels.

Highlighted
Level 7

Adding sports channels is what I am trying to find out how to do when using Spectrum TV app.  

@FlaJim wrote:

ROKU refers to channels as different streaming apps, such as Spectrum, Netflix, HULU, etc.  The true channels in the TV app cannot be directly accessed.  Page up/down is somewhat faster but still archaic.  You can set favorite channels within the Spectrum app; local channels, sports channels, weather, etc and then you only have 30-40 channels to flip thru.

The lack of direct tv channel selection was the original concern of this link.  I've given up on ROKU solving the issue and think we needs the actual Spectrum app to provide a virtual keypad to directly access specific tv channels.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

@DLewis13 wrote:

Adding sports channels is what I am trying to find out how to do when using Spectrum TV app.  

That can only be answered by Spectrum themselves, or a user that has the same app/channel. Roku support has no idea how individual channels work within their user interface, unless they just happen to personally use it themselves. 

Dan
Highlighted
Level 7

There is nothing quick about scrolling through 800 channels

Highlighted
Level 9

OK so I have another question/comment about Roku remote operation and also a question about the new Roku Channel app live TV menu :

Firstly, on my TCL Roku TV remote (and also in the remote app you can use on your phone to control your TV ) there's the asterisk (*) symbol that supposedly leads to an "options" menu within the Roku Channel app. Normally, this asterisk (*) leads to a settings menu to adjust the picture and other options. When I'm in in the Roku Channel app and press the asterisk on my remote, nothing happens. Yet, up in the corner of the Roku Channel menu it says: "Roku|Options * "

So...both remotes :my actual physical remote with the TV as well as the remote app on my phone in addition to the actual Roku TV app all 3 have "Options *" there as if it is meant to do something but it does nothing but make a small sound on my TV when I press it. So WHY IS IT THERE??

Secondly, I just read online that Roku Channel just rolled out a new live channel menu that mimics the linear channel menu that you would see normally if you have cable. Pluto TV has always had this and its really much more pleasant to scroll through and choose a channel this way. Yet the Roku Channel on my TV doesn't have this feature at all. Why make a big announcement if it's not available to your customers yet and the app isn't updated?

Ah, so many questions Roku... yet so few answers... 

0 Kudos