Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LMJ9158
Level 7

Roku remotes will randomly go to Crackle

I have two Roku boxes on two TVs. The one in our main living area started defaulting to crackle without even using the remote. As long as its pointed at the box, it will go to the crackle app. If you use the roku app for the remote, its fine. This is not the original remote that came with the unit, it was replaced about 6 months ago.

We took the remote from the other room (original to the roku box) to use in the main room because its so frustrating and now it does it too! Like it somehow got infected. Its only Crackle. Nothing else. Tried uninstalling Crackle, just brings me to the page asking if I want to install it. Tried hard resetting Roku... no change. Both are up to date with software.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 10

Re: Roku remotes will randomly go to Crackle

Do you have any IR repeater system installed to control your components from another room? Could be picking up a signal from your neighbors? Did you ever have a remote with Crackle button on it? Is it stuck in a cushion, under a book?
0 Kudos
LMJ9158
Level 7

No to all of these.

No IR repeater - dont even know what that is.
Nearest two houses no one lives in.
Never had a remote with a Crackle button.
Remote is free and clear.

On a side note, the other remote isnt "infected". My wife just got them mixed up. Its just the one tv that has the replacement remote.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"LMJ9158" wrote:
No to all of these.

No IR repeater - dont even know what that is.
Nearest two houses no one lives in.
Never had a remote with a Crackle button.
Remote is free and clear.

On a side note, the other remote isnt "infected". My wife just got them mixed up. Its just the one tv that has the replacement remote.

My suspicion is the replacement remote, but that needs some troubleshooting and additional information to confirm. Is it a Roku remote? They do sell replacement remotes, after all.

Additionally, which Roku device, including the model number? What software are you using? Don't say latest. Spell it out. And, since you have more than one Roku, provide the information for both, as well as identifying which is the problem one, if either software or model number is different.

My suspicion is you're using a third-party remote with a Roku code set that's not quite right. That would explain it. However, you'd need to confirm the model of the remote.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos