Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ariomsnoyl

Roku remote won’t work at a distance

Hi, I’ve had my Roku for about 2 years now. I originally got it as a gift while in college and everything worked perfectly fine. But when I brought it home from school and plugged it back in, the remote stopped working. If I’m laying in my bed and try to use the remote it doesn’t work at all but if I stand right up to the Roku and point the remote a few inches away from it, it’ll work no problem. I’ve been using the app with my phone, which works fine, for a good while now but I’d still rather be able to use the remote. It’s a simple remote so no pair button and I’ve already tried changing the batteries and restarting the Roku completely but nothing fixes it and I’ve made sure there’s nothing in the way that could be blocking the it either.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku remote won’t work at a distance

@Ariomsnoyl

Thanks for the post.

What Roku model device are you using? Where is your wireless network router in respect to your room? It's possible that the remote signal is being obscured by some other interference in your room. 

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos