Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
superCT
Level 7

Roku remote won't pair properly

Out of the blue my Roku remote stopped working. I've tried repairing it and the same thing happens every time: I unplug everything, take the batteries out the remote, when the Roku home page is back up I put in the batteries and hit the pairing button, I then get the "enhanced remote pairing" window come up - and then that's it. The window goes away and the remote still isn't paired. 

I posted about a month ago and no one responded, can anyone help me - please?! I don't understand why I can get the "remote pairing" window up but then nothing past that. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
marsacademy
Level 7

Re: Roku remote won't pair properly

I am having the same issue (started yesterday)
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 10

In the menu, click on pairing, while you're close by with the remote, press and hold pairing button in battery compartment for 10 seconds or so, release. Look for the searching screen to show up, press and hold pairing button again until you see the remote register on screen, release.
0 Kudos
renojim
Level 8

I've had remotes that will only pair with a certain set of batteries installed. It's weird. Two sets of brand new batteries (different brands) and one set will get the remote to pair and the other won't. Usually, once it's paired I can use any batteries I want.

-JT
0 Kudos
superCT
Level 7

Wow. 

First of all, Tivoburkee thank you - I didn't even know there was a pairing option in the settings menu because none of the Roku remote pairing pages mention it!

But Renojim thank you for the tip about the batteries - that did it! This all started when I thought the batteries were going, replaced them, it still didn't work and then I saw despite the new Duracell batteries saying 2025 on them one of them had leaked. I cleaned up the acid with vinegar but couldn't get the remote to pair again even though I knew the batteries were working in the remote. After your comment about some batteries working when others didn't I changed the batteries for the third time (even though the current pair are good and have been tested) and now on my fourth pair of batteries the remote is working again. HALLELUJAH!  I went to the settings / remote pairing (which I didn't know existed, I kept unplugging and counting to 5 then plugging back in) put in the new batteries and I'm back in business. THANK YOU BOTH!
0 Kudos
TV
Level 7

so what brand of batteries worked?

0 Kudos