Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emmapiper1
Reel Rookie

Roku remote won’t pair. Please help

I have been trying to fix this for hours and am stumped. My roku express 4K+ remote suddenly wasn’t working so I went to restart it and it won’t let me pair it now. I have changed the batteries, followed all the resetting tricks I’ve seen online, turned off wifi, tried hard resets. When I hold down the reset button it flashes green slowly about 10times, then flashes green quickly for a few seconds, and then stops. It will not pair. And the only thing shown on my tv is the instructions for resetting the remote. I also am trying to use the roku app but it won’t recognize or connect to my device. I have tried everything for over two hours. I’m losing my mind.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku remote won’t pair. Please help

@emmapiper1 wrote:

... When I hold down the reset button it flashes green slowly about 10times, then flashes green quickly for a few seconds, and then stops. It will not pair. ...

Um, that's not a reset button on the remote. It's a pairing button. They are not the same thing.

I bring that up because if you've followed instructions, and did actions using that, thinking it was a reset buttons, then the instructions wouldn't work.

With that knowledge -- that the reset button on a Roku is actually on the Roku device (could be a pinhole, depending on model) and the button on the remote is pairing, not reset -- try your steps again.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
emmapiper1
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote won’t pair. Please help

Im aware that the reset button is on the Roku and the button on the remote is for pairing. I misspoke. But I have followed all instructions based on the buttons and still no luck.

0 Kudos