Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eddmac
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote will not connect to my RCA tv

Thanks for that, unfortunately I don't seem to have that option on my Roku. Just the automated setup that won't let me select the manufacturer. 

0 Kudos
Globane

Thanks @Silverfox65 . The JVC codes worked for me. The music never did stop playing, however, the mute sign appeared on the TV screen with the second or third code. When I finished setup, the remote turns the TV on, off, mutes, and adjusts the volume. 

0 Kudos
shoffman01
Reel Rookie

I have a rca tv and I tried searching rca but it won’t work what can I do to set it up to make it work

0 Kudos
kbritcher
Reel Rookie

I did a generic set up. When it was playing the music asking if the tv muted, it never muted but the tv volume did change. I selected that the tv did mute and it works the way it’s supposed to. 

0 Kudos
shoffman01
Reel Rookie

I have a roku ultra and it’s not even connecting to my tv you know how to do that

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@shoffman01 @kbritcher
​​​​Thanks for the posts.

We would recommend connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, then trying to pair your remote to your TV again to see if you are able to resolve the issue you are experiencing. Once you've paired the remote to your TV, feel free to reconnect back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
akluch
Channel Surfer

I have the same issue with Voice Remote Pro and latest Voice Remote model - they can't control my RCA TV, TV model L26HD31. The previous model of Voice Remote which came with Streaming Stick+ was able to pickup my RCA TV (code 2 from the RCA choices is able to mute/unmute/power on/power off my TV).

Seems like a bug to me. Would you be so kind to consider to adding back all RCA codes from previous Voice Remote to current Voice Remote and Voice Remote Pro?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@akluch

Thanks for the post.

Perhaps @Tivoburkee can provide some insight regarding your issue as he's our resident Community remote Expert.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
akluch
Channel Surfer

Hi @Tivoburkee ,

I noticed the issue is with Voice Remote Pro and Voice Remote new model (the one provided with Streaming Stick 4K). The Voice Remote older model (the one provided with Streaming Stick+) has no such issues: my RCA TV got picked by RCA code # 2. Here's information about my RCA TV (non-Roku): Model L26HD31, Serial I401E8H02. Would you be so kind to bring this to the attention of Roku engineers?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos

Using a combination of the suggestions here I was able to successfully connect my Roku Streaming Stick Voice Remote to my older model RCA TV.

I initially tried every code (16) for RCA and about 10 for GE.  The music never stopped. Then I saw the suggestion that said that the music might not stop, but the remote may work.

So, I went back to the GE codes. I chose GE as the model of my TV. After the very first code I said “yes, music has stopped” even though the music was definitely still playing. It took me back to the main screen, and it works…! Volume, mute, and off/on work.