Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbritcher
Reel Rookie

Roku remote will not connect to my RCA tv

I just got a Roku Ultra with a remote capable of controlling the power and volume of the TV. It's an RCA tv but none of the codes under that manufacturer will mute the tv when the music is playing.

Tags (1)
22 REPLIES 22
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku remote will not connect to my RCA tv

Re-pair the remote to ultra, then re-program it for a tv, this time try LG codes.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Mine stopped working one day and couldnt figure out why it wouldnt connect with all 50 codes just came across this and searched my rca as an LG and the second code worked I can finally control my TV again thanks so much!

simplynoot

I've tried everything: all rca codes, all lg codes, nothing. All it does is mute the tv at one of the codes but never stops playing the music. I haven't been able to control the volume from my new remote i got with the stick at all

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@simplynoot 

Thanks for the post.

Perhaps @Tivoburkee can provide some insight as he is our resident remote expert.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Silverfox65
Reel Rookie

Hi @simplynoot I Searched and was about to give up decided to try one more brand a JVC and it worked hope this helps

remaker
Roku Guru

The setup process, which relies on the remote control mute signal, doesn’t work for all TVs, even though power and volume will work.

Try selecting “yes the music stopped” on the first, second, it third code attempt, and rest power/volume after each. The should work for most modern TVs. My 2010 LG worked for power and volume on the second code.

0 Kudos
Eddmac
Reel Rookie

How did you change it to LG? I don’t seem to have that option?

thanks

0 Kudos
remaker
Roku Guru

What I did was I said “yes the music stopped” when it didn’t. 

If I said yes after the first time, it did not work. If I said no the first time and yes the second time, it worked from my LG TV from 2010.

0 Kudos
GogoPop

@Eddmac 

• Go to the Roku's home screen and select Settings.
  • Under the Settings menu, select Check Remote Settings to start.

Enter a brand on the keypad  then move to the list of brands and select.

Samsung worked for my RCA.