Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
superCT
Level 7

Roku remote refuses to pair

Hi, 

Out of the blue my Roku remote stopped working. I dug up an old one I had from years ago and paired that, but it doesn't have the buttons I use so I want to get my original working again. I opened it and found a battery had leaked so I cleaned it up and can see it's now working from an electronic perspective, but I cannot get it to pair. I get the Enhanced Pairing window and then after a few seconds the window disappears and my original remote still isn't paired. I've tried three times, every time it's the same. I hit the button on the back, the window pops up telling me that it's pairing. . . and then nothing. 

Anyone got any suggestions? I really hate the rewind and forward buttons on the old remote and want to get the original remote working again!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
mmr61
Level 7

Re: Roku remote refuses to pair

Hi superCT,

Not sure if you're still having a problem, but I was browsing the forum before posting my own enhanced remote pairing issue... One thing that always works for me is the following:

1) Remove the power from your Roku device and remove the batteries from the remote
2) After 10 seconds, or so, restore power to the Roku device
3) When the bouncing Roku logo appears, put the batteries back in the remote
4) After a few seconds, you should see the pairing graphic and the remote should pair.

I know this isn't very convenient, but it works for me.  My problem is that this isn't a long term solution for me because my remote regularly loses pairing.

MarkR
0 Kudos
superCT
Level 7

Re: Roku remote refuses to pair

Thanks MarkR, that's what I was doing but couldn't get anything to happen after the "enhanced pairing window" popped up. I reposted a second time as no one had responded to this post, on the other post someone mentioned changing the batteries (even if they're good) and that actually did the trick. This all started when the battery died and I put new ones in, for some reason it would't pair with those even though they were new Duracell batteries. I took a different paid of new Duracell batteries, tried to pair again and this time it stuck. Very weird but lesson learned, try and change the batteries if you're struggling and it won't stay paired. 
0 Kudos