Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knowledge
Level 7

Roku remote quick access buttons issues

my roku tv remote netflix, sling, hulu, starz  buttons all recently starting opening only sling tv. As a matter of fact the Starz button opens nothing

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
blade_005
Level 10

Re: Roku remote quick access buttons issues

"knowledge" wrote:
my roku tv remote netflix, sling, hulu, starz  buttons all recently starting opening only sling tv. As a matter of fact the Starz button opens nothing

Is it the IR Remote or the Enhanced WiFi remote? Just read a post on another forum from a Roku TV user that was having a somewhat similar issue with his remote. The remote was randomly sending requests to the TV to open the Hulu app while it was sitting unattended. He reported back that his solution was to update the firmware in his remote via the Secret Menu Codes that can be accessed. CAUTION should be taken if you choose to enter these menus, but there is a section for remotes that does allow you to download the current firmware version back down to your remote as a reset. I believe there are also options for updating the firmware, but I have not idea if that is a good idea. Below is a YouTube link of someone updating a Roku Remote.

Updating a Roku Remote
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SmartCast SB3651‑E6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos
knowledge
Level 7

i figured out what the issue was and resolved it. thanks
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"knowledge" wrote:
i figured out what the issue was and resolved it. thanks

Please explain your fix, as it might be of assistance to others. Thanks!  Smiley Very Happy
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos