Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku remote pairing light flashing but roku just searches.

I’ve read all the troubleshooting and nothing has worked so far. The pairing light just flashes. I’ve reset the roku (ultra model), the WiFi, and taken the batteries out of the remote numerous times. When the roku comes on (after a reset), it doesn’t give the remote pairing prompt on the screen. If I go thru settings (using my phone app), to search for a remote to set up, it continuously searches before saying no devices found. The remote meanwhile still just has the flashing pairing light. I’m at a loss! Help! 

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Roku remote pairing light flashing but roku just searches.

Do you have the ultra buried behind the tv? Its better to have line of sight to the roku and front of the tv while pairing. And to use new batteries, many roku remotes go through batteries quicker then they should, just start with fresh batteries. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

It’s not behind the tv (it’s front and center) & it has brand new batteries in the remote. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Try unplugging the power from the ultra, plug it back in and when the roku is bouncing start pressing and holding the pairing button in the battery compartment, when it stops bouncing, release and start pressing again until you get confirmation its paired. 

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you. This process worked for me.  I did place the remote about a foot away when the unit was booting.  It worked well and I am now back on the air.

Ranwin

Highlighted
Level 8

Nope. Still nothing :/ 

0 Kudos