Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hsvengr1972
Level 7

Roku remote not working on new device

I just bought a 4K+ device after my current Roku stick appeared to die. After returning from vacation, it would not respond to any remote control commands. The TV did do a software update when I turned it on. The TV appears to be functioning correctly as the HDMI inputs work with other devices. The Wifi is also working well. So I bought a new Roku device, but I am having the same problem. The new device is not responding to the new remote commands (it is just dead for some reason). It did do the pairing when I unpacked it. However, I am not able to put the Wifi password into the setup procedures since I can not move the arrows. Any idea what the problem may be? I am stuck on the setup page and can't move.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku remote not working on new device

@Hsvengr1972

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Is your TV a Roku TV? What Roku model device are you having issues with? Have you tried replacing the batteries in the remote, or making sure if the remote is charged (if it is a rechargeable remote)?

In addition, how are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Hsvengr1972
Level 7

Re: Roku remote not working on new device

It is not a Roku TV. I was using an older Roku stick, but when the remote would not control anything, I bought a new 4K Express, today, but am having the same problem. The remote does not provide any functionality (power, arrows, etc). It is not a battery problem, as I have checked. The new device is plugged into a wall socket and power is available. However, since the remote does not have any effect, I cannot complete the installation (I am stuck on providing the PW for the Wifi).

0 Kudos