Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku remote gets crazy hot and drains batteries

Jump to solution

My Roku 4200 was working fine until the other day.  The Amazon app was being weird, so I uninstalled it, rebooted and re-installed it.  It feels like ever since then, the remote is burning through batteries.  I can control the Roku from the phone app, but the remote won't work, and the batteries get to hot to hold in your hand.  I'm afraid to leave them in in case they start a fire.  How can an app cause the remote to fail like that?  If these are coincidental, how can a solid-state, battery-powered device fail in that way?  There are no moving parts, no "wear-and-tear" on the electrical components.  

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku remote gets crazy hot and drains batteries

Jump to solution

@erich 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that your device is an older device and no longer under warranty. It's possible that the remote may simply be on its way out.

If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a remote from our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku remote gets crazy hot and drains batteries

Jump to solution

@erich 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that your device is an older device and no longer under warranty. It's possible that the remote may simply be on its way out.

If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a remote from our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos