Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kris30
Level 7

Roku remote draining battery

We tried restarting the system as recommended for an update to see if it fixes the battery draining but ours hasn’t. Our batteries in the remote die within a week. This is way too expensive to keep. What can we do?? 
model RC506 serial x010006GFYLF model roku ultra 4800X 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku remote draining battery

Hi @Kris30,

Thank you for letting us know about the remote battery drain issue you are experiencing. 

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Slm1180
Level 7

My remote is draining also. I’ve had this roku remote for three years… now all of a sudden in the past month, it has drained two sets of batteries already.. batteries aren’t cheap. Has there been any feedback on how to fix this?  

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Slm1180,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the battery drain issue you are experiencing.

Do your Roku remotes support private listening? This may also be one factor for the battery drain. What Roku model device are you using?

In addition, try to remove and reinsert the batteries if this helps resolve the issue. Check the steps on this link to get your remote back up and running: http://go.roku.com/remotehelp 

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Slm1180
Level 7

I have the roku +/HD/4K/HDR model number 3810R. 
I've tried taking the batteries out.. the last ones lasted 3 days even with removing them occasionally.    
I’ll try the link and let you know but please let me know if there’s anything else I can do. 

RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Thanks for the response, @Slm1180.

We also recommend performing a system restart from your Roku device. This will update your remote to the latest version. This can be done by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart. After you perform the system update, continue to use your device as normal and monitor the remote battery percentage listed under Settings > Remotes > About. Additionally, if you had moved your Roku device power source to a wall outlet to help address this problem, you may now reconnect the USB cable to your TV's USB port if preferred.

If you are still having any issues with your remote after following these steps, please provide the serial number or device id of your Roku device.

We look forward to hearing from you and assist you with your needs. Thank you!

Regards,
Mary