Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pappyski
Level 7

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

My remote also going through batteries like crazy.  What is the solution?

0 Kudos
Pappyski
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem remote goes through batteries like crazy.  Streaming stick.

0 Kudos
JLRok
Level 7

Jump to solution

My Remote for the Roku 3810x still drains batteries after 2 weeks. I’ve spend $15 on batteries now. What can I do? 

0 Kudos
toomuchtrouble
Level 7

Jump to solution

Danny, Your solution did not solve the problem. My remote STILL drains after one or two uses. I cannot tell you the serial number or the other information you asked for because THE BATTERIES ARE DRAINED and I can't use it.  This has been a problem since I bought it. How can this be resolved?

0 Kudos
mech259
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am almost to the same point as you about doing away with Roku I have three Roku devices and this one is the one that keeps draining the batteries The other two don't

0 Kudos
Kevin31
Level 7

Jump to solution

I use my Roku remote on and off every week and every three or four days I am required change the battery. Is there something wrong with my remote? This has been going on for months running me up lots of money on batteries. 

0 Kudos
thejaycrew
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello, since the new update to 10.5 about a month ago, my remote has been going through a set of batteries every 7-10 days. I read some of the other posts and have already shut down and restarted my Roku Plus. What do I do?

0 Kudos
Kweber
Level 7

Jump to solution

What do I do, my remote is draining every 10 date, emeed your support a week back, they haven't bothered getting back to me. 

0 Kudos
megashira
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi All, 

I have got an email back from the support team. I have followed the instructions and so far it worked. I haven't changed the batteries yet. Find the reply below. Hope it helps.

----

Thank you for letting us know about the remote battery drain issue you are experiencing. Our engineering team has released a remote firmware update which should resolve the issue you are seeing. 

In order to update the remote firmware you will need to perform a device restart. This can be performed by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart

Your remote will update to the latest firmware version 4098 and can be verified by navigating to Settings > Remotes & Devices > Remotes > About

0 Kudos
JackieE
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Danny: I am also having remote draining issue where I have to replace battery every 3 weeks even if I don't use it. The SN: CT38AC899324

Thanks

0 Kudos